5 Best Practices for Data Visualization Success
TDWI Speaker: Lyndsay Wise, Industry Analyst
Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Time: 9:00am PT, 12:00pm ET
Today's organizations need to display data in interesting, meaningful ways in order to empower users to take action and make good business decisions. Often, difficulties arise when choosing the correct visualization to best illustrate the important message the data provides.
Join us Tuesday, November 19, 2013, and see how organizations can develop successful data visualizations for their business consumers and understand what is required to make these visualizations effectively deliver actionable insights while delighting users. Most organizations use some form of data visualization from Excel to their favorite dashboard-based BI tool to present their data, but many fall short when trying to make it accessible and interactive. These 5 best practices will provide guidelines to assist organizations in their efforts to bring their data visualizations to life.
You will learn:
- The importance of simplifying the presentation layer so that information can be understood and digested immediately
- Design consistency to ensure that the same look and feel is maintained irrespective of device or access point—i.e., desktop, tablet, and smartphone
- Animation of key and relevant content and data points
- The development of a centralized style scheme to ensure that design is consistent across the organization
- High levels of interaction to enable consumers to access related information in an intuitive manner