Real-Time Business Insight from Big Data
For those of us in IT and especially BI, there’s nothing more exciting than seeing practices and technologies come together in a new combination to support enterprise business in a new way. At the moment, we are seeing such a confluence of practices and technologies for real time, analytics, big data, and in-memory processing. The combination enables more organizations to credibly address time-sensitive business processes that involve big data and benefit from analytics. This includes new real-time analytic capabilities for planning and forecasting, price optimization, workforce management, production yield in manufacturing, fraud detection, risk calculations, loan approvals, facility monitoring, mobile asset management, operational BI, and so on. In short, the new in-memory confluence of real-time interfaces, flexible analytic models, and large data sets (which mix both BI and operational data) enables businesses to transform themselves as they adapt to a changing and accelerating business climate.
You Will Learn:
- Big data is a curse to manage, but a blessing if you leverage its wealth of content
- Analytics is a key success factor for business understanding and insightful change
- Real-time functions are essential to keeping pace with high-speed business processes
- In-memory technologies are modernizing and accelerating IT and BI architectures
- The four combined constitute a new real-time analytic infrastructure that unifies both BI and operational processes, plus the big data they generate and leverage
Philip Russom, Ph.D.