The 2023 Best Practices Award Winners Have Been Announced!
Once a year, TDWI honors the most forward-thinking, ROI-generating, and industry-leading teams through our TDWI Best Practices Awards program.
Winners are chosen by a panel of independent judges who have expertise in the field. They select winners based on written entry forms and, if needed, follow-up interviews. Judges score entries on business value, maturity, innovation, and relevance to other organizations.
View the Winners
Applications for 2023 are now being accepted, so complete your entry form and submit it before the deadline of June 30, 2023!
2023 Award Categories
- Analytics – including self-service, advanced analytics, and data science
- Data Management Strategies
View Category Descriptions
Selected Winners Will Receive
- Recognition from TDWI, the data and analytics industry’s leading professional association with thousands of members worldwide.
- An invitation to attend and be recognized at an award ceremony held at the TDWI Orlando conference in November.
- A free pass to the conference where awards are presented.
- A project summary page on TDWI’s website that contains links to the organization’s homepage (includes sponsor logo and website link, if applicable).
- Recognition in TDWI press release about the Best Practices Awards.
- Opportunity to speak at a TDWI conference or other events (at TDWI’s discretion).
- Company name on signage at TDWI Orlando announcing Best Practices Awards winners.
Entrant Eligibility Requirements
Eligible entrants are any private or public company, government agency, or nonprofit organization that has implemented a data or analytics implementation to enhance organizational decision making or operations. Applicants may nominate themselves for this award or their solution vendor may nominate them. If you are a solution vendor, you may only nominate yourself if you are submitting an internal implementation that involves more than implementing your own product.
Organizations can apply for both categories, but must submit a separate entry form for each category, where each entry is tailored to its category. Companies that submitted entries in previous years (but were not chosen) may enter again, but entry forms must be updated for the current year and re-submitted. Winners from a previous year may submit an entry for a new or different data or analytics solution.
A team of judges comprised of TDWI staff and faculty members will evaluate the entries using the following criteria:
- Business Impact. What is the business value of the data or analytics initiative?
- Maturity. To what degree has the solution’s ‘vision’ been implemented? Has the solution been operating long enough to corroborate business impact and growth?
- Relevance. Does the data or analytics solution exemplify best practices that other companies can adopt?
- Innovation. Does the data or analytics solution use an innovative design or approach? Innovation can relate to technology, business, organization, methodology, and so on.
If you have any questions about the TDWI Best Practices program, please contact [email protected].