Practical Data Literacy for Leaders
Duration: Half Day Course
Study after study confirm a simple truth: organizations that consistently use data to make decisions have better outcomes. The future of business will be data-driven. However, simply providing access to data is not enough to generate these dividends.
Organizations have made tremendous investments in self-service business intelligence infrastructures, yet becoming truly data-driven has proven elusive. To be competitive, organizations must be able to use data to make optimal decisions. To be competitive, organizations must be data-literate.
This half-day course is specifically designed to train organizational leaders to build data literacy in their business. Leaders will learn the practicalities of building a data-literate organization, how to identify the 20% of organizational data literacy that delivers 80% of ROI, and how data literacy can be iteratively rolled out to an organization in a practical manner.
You Will Learn
- Why data literacy matters
- A working definition of data literacy
- The four levels of analytics
- Where true data literacy begins
- Process-centric thinking
- How to answer the fundamental question
- How to read and analyze data
- How to measure processes
- The power of KPIs
- The dark side of KPIs
- How to analyze KPIs
- How to make truly data-driven decisions
- How to implement practical data literacy in the organization
- Additional resources
- Senior individual contributors (e.g., leads and architects)
- Data literacy stakeholders