Prerequisite: See below
This course can also be delivered using R.
In this hands-on class, your team will learn the fundamentals of applying linear regression to business data. In survey after survey, data professionals report linear regression as their go-to technique for understanding and optimizing the business.
After learning about the types of business problems that might benefit from linear regression analyses, your team will learn to use linear regression to answer interesting business questions like:
- If we spend more money here, how much uplift in the business should we expect?
- What factors are most important in determining price/demand/supply?
- Does the interaction of certain product features have a disproportionate effect?
- Can we accurately predict future business performance?
If your team needs to level up their analytics skills to perform linear regression or needs to understand the logistic regression models produced by data science teams, this is the class for you.
Want to know the best part? No difficult programming or mathematics is required!
Your Team Will Learn
- The type of business problems where linear regression can be useful
- Why the arithmetic mean (aka the “average”) is a predictive model
- How simple linear regression improves upon the arithmetic mean
- Building simple linear regression models
- Building multiple linear regression models
- Interpreting linear regression models in terms of business drivers
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your linear regression models
- How to communicate your insights effectively
- Additional resources to extend your learning
- Business and data analysts
- BI and analytics developers and managers
- Business users
- Data scientists
- Anyone interested in using linear regression for analyzing business data
No background in advanced mathematics or statistics is required.
Students must be familiar with Python and Jupyter notebooks or complete the pre-recorded course “Python Quick Start” prior to the class. This pre-recorded course will be made available in advance to any students who need it.
Attendees will need a laptop computer with specific software installed before the session. In advance of the class, attendees will receive detailed software download and installation instructions.