Expert Panel: Emerging AI Technologies and Use Cases
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director for Data Management
Date: Monday, January 22, 2024
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the most disruptive technology of our time. Advances in AI’s capabilities, performance, flexibility, and usability are rapidly expanding the range of use cases for which it’s being deployed.
Emerging AI technologies are now the focus of everyday headlines. Computer vision, intelligent robotics, and autonomous computing are infusing the physical infrastructure of our lives. Generative AI has captured the popular imagination, enabled through advances in large language models, multimodal learning, and other key technologies. Other emerging technologies—such as prompt engineering, automated machine learning, vector databases, and synthetic data—are revolutionizing the data science and data engineering practices that enterprises rely on to build, train, and deploy AI applications.
On January 22, join TDWI senior research director James Kobielus and industry experts for an in-depth panel discussion about emerging AI technologies and associated platforms, tools, methodologies, and skill sets. They will explore issues such as:
- What new use cases can emerging AI technologies address that have traditionally been too costly or complex?
- How can your AI platforms, infrastructure, and tools help you accelerate development of generative AI, and how can you deploy generative AI safely?
- How will enterprises be able to scale up their AI deployments while keeping costs, complexity, and resource requirements under control?
- How important are prompt engineering, vector databases, and synthetic data for your growing AI program?
- Will self-service, visual, no-code tools dominate AI development?
- Will AI foundation models do away with data science as we know it?
- How close are we to realizing the vision of artificial general intelligence?
Global Field CDO
Conor Jensen is a technology, AI, and strategy executive leading the Global Field CDO team at Dataiku. His path to here meandered along a circuitous route through the worlds of barista, archery and climbing instructor, mathematics student, Air Force weather forecaster, insurance actuary, and consultant.
Sean's experience covers multiple aspects of starting and growing a software company, including holding various titles from president through co-lead dishwasher. He continues in a leadership role as CTO and serves on the board.
Global Strategic Portfolio Lead
Sandeep Singh is a technology executive and ERP/SAP architect with a more than 25-year career aligning organizations to achieve operational excellence and motivating teams to peak performance. Sandeep’s experience spans designing global architectures, managing IT systems, business process reengineering, Agile/Activate/SAP methodologies, and he has been actively involved in numerous SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementations. Prior to SAP, Sandeep worked at leading organizations including Capgemini, HP, Cognizant, and the Kansas City Southern Railway Company. Sandeep received his Master of Science degree from Baylor University.