Exploring New Frontiers in Data Governance (GMT Timezone)
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Time: 10:00 a.m. GMT
Data is the heart of today’s most sophisticated applications incorporating advanced analytics, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence.
As data use cases grow more varied, enterprises are evolving their governance practices to address a wider range of responsible outcomes. Concerns include safeguarding data security and privacy, eliminating biased and unethical outcomes, and mitigating the risks of generating toxic, insensitive, and inappropriate content.
Join this webinar in which James Kobielus, TDWI senior research director for data management, engages industry experts in a roundtable to discuss new frontiers in enterprise data governance. After an upfront context-setting presentation, they will discuss the following key questions:
- What business trends are spurring enterprises to evolve their data governance practices?
- To what extent are new compliance requirements driving convergence of data governance with model, analytics, and AI governance?
- How should enterprises evolve their data governance infrastructures in order to address these diverse requirements efficiently, effectively, and scalably?
- What roles, skills, and organizational structures are best for enterprises to address expanding data, model, analytics, and AI governance requirements more effectively?
- How should enterprises implement comprehensive governance that spans increasingly complex hybrid, mesh, edge, and cross-cloud multicloud environments?
Senior Product Manager
Raja Balakrishnan is a senior product manager at Snowflake. Raja leads the product efforts for data governance at Snowflake and is responsible for data access policies, sensitive data tracking, data lineage, and partner integrations. Before Snowflake, Raja held product management roles at Box, Rubrik, and Cisco, where he worked on multiple data management, security, compliance, and governance products. Raja has a master’s degree from Carnegie Mellon University.