Transforming Your Business with Data and AI
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET
Modern businesses rely on transformative insights into front-end customer channels, back-end business operations, and end-to-end supply chains.
Data-driven insights keep modern industrial enterprises operating at peak efficiency. Nothing delivers these insights and associated business results better than modern cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and advanced analytics. To accelerate digital transformation, enterprises everywhere are integrating data-driven intelligence into their manufacturing, logistics, and distributed supply chains, and leveraging investments in knowledge graphs, simulation and modeling, edge computing, digital twins, the Internet of Things, and other pillars of what many are calling “Industry 4.0.”
Join James Kobielus, TDWI senior research director for data management, in a roundtable where he engages industry experts from Stardog (Al Baker, VP of enterprise solutions) and Databricks (Bala Amavasai, global technical director for manufacturing and logistics (AI/ML/data)) to discuss how modern businesses are transforming their internal operations and external value chains with investments in modern cloud data, AI and machine learning, and other sophisticated technologies.
After context-setting presentations, they will discuss the following key questions:
- What is Industry 4.0?
- How does Industry 4.0 support digital transformation initiatives?
- What does it mean for enterprises to leverage data-driven insights to open up new business opportunities and accelerate positive outcomes within their supply chains?
- How does digital transformation of B2B supply chains depend on enterprise investments in modern data and AI technologies?
- How can organization boost the return on their digital transformation initiatives through investments in customer 360, semantic knowledge layers, predictive maintenance, edge computing, digital twins, the Internet of Things, and other pillars of “Industry 4.0”?
- How is the payoff from investments in digital transformation boosted by providing self-service access to data and analytics for everyone in the organization regardless of their role or technical experience?
Global Technical Director
Bala Amavasai is a global technical director at Databricks. He co-leads the manufacturing, transportation, and logistics vertical and is responsible for the global strategy, accelerators, and applications. Past roles include head of AI at Stanley Black & Decker. He holds a Ph.D. in machine learning from the University of Sheffield, U.K. He is currently chair of the IEEE SMC Society for the U.K. and Ireland section. He is honored to be serving on the IEEE 70xx standards and certification committee on the ethical and safe use of AI.
VP, Enterprise Solutions
Al Baker is the VP enterprise solutions at Stardog, leading the solutions team responsible for helping customers power their data and analytics ecosystem with knowledge graph and AI. He started his career as a solutions architect and has worked at organizations including Lucent Technologies, Avaya, and Booz Allen Hamilton. Al is the chief inventor on 20 U.S. patents and has been working with graph technology since 2004.