Expert Panel: How DevOps Can Boost the Value of DataOps and MLOps
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Thursday, July 27, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET
Enterprise deployment of intelligent applications increasingly rests on a three-legged stool of data, AI/ML models, and program code builds. DevOps is an increasingly popular enterprise practice focused on continuous integration, testing, and deployment of application releases. Adoption of DevOps tools enables IT operations to improve application quality and more effectively automate and accelerate the coordinated orchestration of data, ML, and program code into production deployment of analytics-infused applications.
Recent TDWI research shows that enterprises are beginning to unify DataOps and MLOps pipelines in their operation and that they are also beginning to align these pipelines with DevOps practices. Join this webinar in which James Kobielus, TDWI senior research director for data management, engages industry experts to discuss issues surrounding the convergence of DataOps, MLOps, and DevOps practices in enterprise data management and analytics initiatives. Key questions that they will explore include:
- What exactly is DevOps?
- How can DevOps principles—focused on continuous integration, testing, and deployment of applications—add value to DataOps and MLOps as enterprise practices?
- To what extent are enterprises already adopting—or at the very least, exploring—DevOps in their DataOps and MLOps pipelines?
- What investments in tools, platforms, and professional skills enhancement do enterprises need to make to align their DataOps and MLOps practices with DevOps?
- What changes to data analytics application development practices and skill sets do enterprises need to make in order to more fully comply or align with DevOps?
- What’s the downside in added complexity, cost, and risk associated with bringing DataOps and MLOps into alignment or conformance with DevOps?
Director, Product Marketing
Preetam Kumar leads the product marketing for data integration product portfolios such as cloud mass ingestion, streaming data integration, cloud data integration, data prep, MLOps, FinOps, and headless data management. He is a seasoned product marketing professional with 18+ years of experience developing and executing successful marketing programs and leading high-performing teams to drive the pipeline, build brand awareness, and increase product/service usage in the high-tech industry. He brings strong expertise in data management, data integration, data science, Spark, Hadoop, IoT, FinOps, MLOps, DataOps, open data management, and cloud.
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Chandrasekar Natarajan brings over 20 years of industry experience, specializing in DevOps, site reliability engineering (SRE), DataOps, MLOps, and data migration.
Chandrasekar’s expertise spans across multiple domains, enabling him to lead enterprise data modernization projects successfully at Impetus. As a key driver of these projects, Chandrasekar takes ownership of building and managing infrastructure, platforms, and applications.
Leading the organization's DevOps practice, Chandrasekar remains at the forefront of industry trends and technologies, actively incorporating them into the organization's practices. With his extensive experience and diverse skill set, Chandrasekar Natarajan plays a pivotal role in spearheading enterprise data modernization initiatives and driving the adoption of DevOps best practices.