Modernizing Your ETL for New Opportunities
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET
Enterprises must modernize their ETL pipelines in order to achieve full value from their investments in data-driven applications. Operational pain points with traditional ETL systems often prevent organizations from making the most of these investments. Legacy ETL systems are often expensive to operate and maintain, not designed for a broad user base, and unable to scale to support modern real-time and streaming applications.
Join TDWI’s senior research director James Kobielus on this webinar to explore the journey of migrating your ETL assets to run seamlessly in cloud-native business technology infrastructure. Kobielus will discuss how enterprises can:
- Modernize their ETL environments around cloud-native principles
- Modularize ETL code and other data integration assets for maximum reuse
- Automate the conversion and movement of legacy ETL workloads to run in cloud-native environments
- Optimize ETL processes for low-latency data applications
- Scale ETL workloads elastically to support growing volumes and varieties of data-intensive applications
- Implement centralized visibility and management over the end-to-end ETL pipeline
- Optimize the costs of managing ETL when these workloads have been migrated to cloud-native environments
After Kobielus’ presentation, he will be joined by experts from Impetus in a discussion on the challenges and opportunities associated with ETL migration and modernization.
Abhishek Nagohalli Lingaraju
Cloud Solution Architect and Program Manager
Abhishek is a seasoned cloud solution architect and program manager who leads clients on their cloud modernization journey. He excels in designing data lakes and data warehouse solutions, leveraging his experience in engineering platforms and building applications for data migration, onboarding, and visualization. He has expertise in crafting user-friendly, client-centered solutions that protect sensitive data and deliver financial gains to clients across domains.
Sr Worldwide GTM Specialist, AWS Glue
Yev leads business development and go-to-market for AWS Glue. He has been in his current role for over a year. Prior to this role, he led Cloudera professional services for the U.S. Northeast region for two years and led the big data implementation for Citigroup for seven years.