Expert Panel: Cloud Data Modernization
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m. PT, 3:00 p.m. ET
Data is a foundation of modern business. Staying competitive in today’s economy requires that organizations make all processes intelligent, adaptive, and continually self-optimizing within cloud-based data and analytics environments.
Success in the modern economy depends on an enterprise’s ability to deliver high-quality data and analytics into production applications. In order to keep pace with fast-changing business requirements, enterprises need to address key technical challenges such as eliminating data and analytics siloes, migrating data engineering and machine learning pipelines to modern cloud infrastructures, and ensuring that the enabling cloud platforms can scale elastically to support mission-critical workloads.
In this panel, TDWI senior research director James Kobielus will engage Jed Dougherty, VP of Platform Strategy at Dataiku, in an in-depth discussion of opportunities and challenges in cloud data modernization. The discussion will focus on several key issues:
- What are the principal steps in an enterprise journey for extracting maximum value from their modern cloud data environments?
- What role can a high-performance cloud computing environment play in advancing enterprise data modernization?
- How should enterprises architect their cloud environments to handle growing data and analytics workloads?
- What are the principal approaches for improving the accessibility and consumability of cloud-based data and analytics resources for enterprise use cases?
- What are the most cost-effective approaches for automating data and machine learning pipelines within a consolidated enterprise cloud environment?
VP of Platform Strategy
Jed is the VP of Platform Strategy at Dataiku. In this role, he acts as a strategic technical advisor to Dataiku customers and prospects. He also works tightly with Engineering and Product stakeholders to ensure that all technical platform requests are properly followed, scoped, and implemented. Before this role, Jed built and led the Data Science, Support, and Field Engineering teams at Dataiku.
Director of Product Marketing
Kevin has spent his career on the cutting edge of technology and its integration with business processes. He is currently the director of product marketing at Denodo. In his role, he helps organizations integrate data across a multicloud hybrid ecosystem and automate data engineering tasks to reduce complexity and optimize business outcomes and value. Before joining Denodo, he led strategic marketing activities for TIBCO with its cloud partner and led product marketing for TIBCO’s flagship integration technologies.