Expert Panel: Using a Data Mesh to Deliver Cross-Domain Enterprise Insights
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
The data mesh can deliver a clearer, more agile, and more comprehensive picture of diverse data assets. This increasingly popular paradigm is best suited to enterprise environments in which data ownership and management are distributed across multiple domains. It provides a robust data architecture that spares business users from having to navigate data lakes and other huge, monolithic repositories.
In this panel, TDWI senior research director James Kobielus will lead data industry experts from Informatica and Wipro through an in-depth discussion of the enterprise shift away from monolithic data toward multidomain mesh architectures. They will examine how the data mesh can transform business processes and infrastructure to ensure increased data trust, value, and accessibility. The discussion will focus on several key issues:
- What is a data mesh?
- What are the principal use cases and business contexts for data mesh?
- What data integration mechanisms are best suited to data mesh?
- How should analytical and operational data platforms be configured to take advantage of the data mesh?
- How does the data mesh differ from federated, fabric, and other distributed architectures?
- What is the logical first step on the enterprise journey to the data mesh?
- What enabling solutions should an enterprise adopt in order to implement a data mesh?
- What standards are relevant to the adoption and management of data meshes?
- What is the role of self-service infrastructure in a data mesh?
- How does a data mesh impact data management costs?
- What are the governance and security implications of a data mesh?
- Does a data mesh require changes to enterprise data management organizational and staffing models?
- Does a data mesh eliminate or reduce enterprise need for master data management?
Peter Manta is a principal on the architecture team at Informatica. He focuses on helping clients align business and technical requirements with modern data management architectures. Peter has been in data management for over 20 years and has held roles as a software developer, ERP implementation consultant, and software architect, among others. He holds a master’s degree from Cornell University in operations research with a specialization in probability and statistics and is currently focusing on data management in the context of data science.
Global Practice Head - Data & Analytics
Hemant Waradkar leads Wipro's data management initiative and is responsible for providing value-added solutions and outcomes to global customers. He provides strong expertise in new age technologies and business outcomes-based solutions across the industry verticals.
Date: September 13, 2022
Time: 9:00 am PT