Solving Data and Governance Challenges in Financial Services with the Data Cloud
Webinar Speaker: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Data has never been more critical to business innovation, customer satisfaction, and operational excellence—and never more so than in financial services. Banks, investment houses, brokerages, insurance companies, real estate firms, and other organizations in this sector have a long history of investing heavily in data management technologies. Today, however, the cloud is a game-changer.
To compete effectively, organizations must modernize data management strategies to take advantage of the cloud’s vast new dimensions in scalability, concurrency, elasticity, and flexibility. Organizations must also get on top of increasing regulatory pressures and security threats, which means that data in the cloud must be governed and managed carefully.
Join this TDWI Webinar to learn how a unified data cloud enables financial services organizations (as well as those in other sectors) to handle workloads that need access to an expanding variety, volume, and speed of data for critical analytics and operational decisions. Fragmented and siloed data storage and processing, both on premises and on multiple cloud providers’ platforms, make it highly challenging to manage, govern, and secure big and fast data. The goal of a data cloud is to unify data so organizations eliminate data quality, accessibility, governance, and security problems caused by siloed and fragmented data—and can grasp new opportunities.
Topics this Webinar will discuss include:
- TDWI research analysis of important trends in data warehousing, data lakes, and applications that are leading to a unified data cloud
- How a data cloud plus modern automation enable organizations to manage and govern data while taking advantage of scalability, elasticity, and usability
- Data-sharing opportunities enabled by a data cloud, including data marketplaces and exchanges and development of services that monetize data and analytics
- How a unified data cloud lays the foundation for deeper and more complete Customer 360 insights for creating personalized services for customers, investors, and partners
- Modernizing how organizations handle governance, security, risk, and regulatory compliance