Increasing the Value of Business Analytics: Balance Self-Service and Governance and Address Diverse Data Needs (GMT Timezone)
Webinar Speaker: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020
Time: 10:00AM GMT
Demand is rising for business analytics—for data interactions that go beyond simple reports and dashboards to provide people with data insights about more than what happened—also why, how, and what is likely to happen in the future.
Expanding self-service business intelligence (BI) and visual analytics is a priority for many organizations, but to make this expansion successful for all users, organizations need to modernize how they collect, integrate, prepare, and govern data. This modernization includes “augmented” capabilities made possible by artificial intelligence (AI) throughout the stack of technologies and cloud services that are essential to broader business analytics.
Join this webinar to hear about the latest TDWI Best Practices Report research about business analytics. We will look at what organizations can do to improve user experiences and satisfy changing data integration, management, and governance requirements. We will discuss survey findings about where organizations see the need for improvement and how trends are shaping technologies and cloud-based services for front-end BI and analytics, data catalogs, data integration, data preparation, and governance.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Technology trends and best practices for increasing the value of business analytics
- Why data literacy is vital to gaining business value and what organizations can do to increase it
- How AI infusion is changing the way users work with business analytics tools and platforms
- Why it’s important to modernize data catalogs, preparation, virtualization, transformation, and integration, and how technology trends are shaping modernization
- Best practices for balancing enterprise governance with self-service business analytics