What’s Ahead in Data Management in 2019?
Webinar Speaker: Philip Russom, Senior Research Director for Data Management
Date: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
According to Bob Dylan, “The times they are a-changin’.” In the field of data management today, this means a number of exciting but challenging developments.
Data itself is evolving into larger volumes from new sources in a broadening array of structures, containers, interfaces, and latencies. New data-driven business use cases are rising in prominence, especially those for analytics, self-service, and agile operations. In response to user demands, the software vendor and open source communities are supplying many new data platforms, tools, and capabilities—all purpose-built for modern data and its use cases.
This webinar is a “must attend” for technical users and business managers who are facing these changes. The expert panel on this webinar will help attendees understand what’s ahead in 2019 and beyond for data management. Attendees can then apply that information to prioritize the data management changes they must address and how they will prepare via hiring, training, budgeting, making a business case, and adopting the right data platforms and tools.
The webinar panel brings together a panel of experts, moderated by Philip Russom, TDWI’s lead analyst for data management. The panel will hit the hotter trends in data management, including:
- Evolving data volumes, structures, sources, interfaces, and latencies
- New data platforms, such as Hadoop, clouds, object store, and databases based on columns, NoSQL, graph, etc.
- Cloud for data management, including data warehousing, integration, and analytics
- Advancements in catalogs, glossaries, and metadata
- Automation for development productivity and production optimization
- Data-driven business practices that need modern technologies, namely analytics, self-service, intelligent operations, and data governance, stewardship, or curation
- Examples of what successful real-world organizations are doing today
Date: December 18, 2018
Time: 9:00AM PT
Philip Russom, Ph.D.