The Modern Data Warehouse: What Enterprises Must Have Today and What They’ll Need in the Future
TDWI Speaker: Philip Russom, TDWI Research Director
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Many organizations need a more modern data warehouse platform to address a number of new and future business and technology requirements. Most of the new requirements relate to big data and advanced analytics, so the data warehouse of the future must support these in multiple ways, while still supporting older data types, technologies, and business practices. Hence, a leading goal of the modern data warehouse is to enable more and bigger data management solutions and analytic applications, which in turn help the organization automate more business processes, operate closer to real time, and through analytics learn valuable new facts about business operations, customers, products, and so on.
This webinar is based on a recent TDWI Checklist Report. The webinar will discuss that report’s seven recommendations, which are designed to guide the planning and execution of a modern data warehouse:
- Deploy a modern data warehouse to integrate and leverage traditional enterprise data and new big data.
- Make sense of multi-structured data for new and unique business insights.
- Implement advanced forms of analytics to enable discovery analytics for big data.
- Empower the business to operate in near real time by delivering data faster.
- Integrate multiple platforms into a unified data warehouse architecture.
- Include cloud-based platforms, as you diversify your modern data warehouse environment.
- Demand high performance and scalability of all components of a data warehouse.
Philip Russom, Ph.D.