10 Best Practices for Running Your Business Smarter with Advanced Analytics
TDWI Speaker: Fern Halper, TDWI VP and Senior Research Director
Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
In today’s competitive environment, organizations not only want to analyze the past, they also want to understand the present and predict the future. Likewise, organizations want to gain insights from a wide variety of data, ranging from structured, transactional data and unstructured text to spatially enhanced data or machine data from the Internet of Things. TDWI research indicates that many organizations are at an inflection point with analytics—they are making the move from visualizations and dashboards to more advanced analytics such as predictive analytics, text analytics, geospatial analytics, graph engines,and streaming analytics. To do this well and gain tangible value requires thinking through platform, organizational, and analytics strategies.
In this webinar, we will discuss approaches for developing and deploying high-value advanced analytics programs.
You will learn about:
- How advanced analytics can impact organizations
- Technological and organizational considerations for advanced analytics
- Best practices for getting started with advanced analytics
- Use cases in the advanced analytics discipline
- The promise of blending cross-discipline (e.g., spatial and predictive) capabilities to solve problems
Fern Halper, Ph.D.