February 13, 2013
We’re proud to introduce TDWI’s tenth annual Best of Business Intelligence: A Year in Review. Each year we select a few of our most well-received, hard-hitting articles, research, and information, and present them to you in this publication.
Stephen Swoyer kicks off this issue with a review of major business intelligence (BI) developments. In “2012 in Review: The Big Data Explosion,” he argues that data management and big data are changing as we know them—and the data warehouse could be next.
In this issue’s “2013 Forecast,” TDWI Research analysts Philip Russom and David Stodder share their predictions for the coming year, including the emerging technologies they expect to be adopted as well as trends shaping BI and analytics practices and technologies.
Other selections in this year's Best of Business Intelligence include:
- Excerpts from the past year’s Best Practices Reports
- Articles from TDWI FlashPoint and BI This Week about BI/DW salaries, big data and big analytics, Hadoop myths, and more
- Excerpt from Ten Mistakes to Avoid When Validating Your BI/DW Direction
- Two Business Intelligence Journal articles: “The 2020 Workplace and the Evolution of Business Intelligence” and “The Requirements for Being an Analytics-Based Organization"
- TDWI Checklist Report excerpt: Predictive Analytics Project Design: A Nine-Step Guide to Realizing Business Value
- Some of TDWI’s most popular 2012 Webinars
- Streaming video of the TDWI Orlando World Conference keynote, presented by Cindi Howson
- A preview of 2013 TDWI Education events
TDWI's Best of Business Intelligence is sponsored by the following vendors:
Discover how you can quickly and easily analyze data across sales, financial, and operational systems and build dashboards and reports that provide real-time insight.
The Cognos family delivers analytics to everyone. Each family member offers reporting, analysis, modeling, planning, and collaboration to support BI, performance management, and business analytics.
Enabling a new, agile way to analyze, optimize, and control data and associated business processes.
The Melissa Data Contact Zone Platform provides global contact data quality and empowers business users and data stewards to integrate and transform customer data into actionable intelligence. Sign up for a free trial.
Tableau Software helps you see, understand, and share your data at the speed of thought with visualization best practices built in. Simply drag and drop to start analyzing.
Vitria Operational Intelligence is the only unified platform combining continuous real-time analytics on big data, streaming events, and business processes to enable immediate action.