Enroll in this new 7-week course to learn how to perform supervised machine learning using Python, one of the most popular languages in data science and predictive analytics.
A Seven-Week Certificate Course
Data analytics has transformed modern business, and machine learning has emerged as a core competency. In this seven-week hands-on certificate course, you will learn how to perform supervised machine learning using Python, one of the most popular languages in data science and predictive analytics.
You will build both classification and regression models, learn how to test model performance, understand how to prevent overfitting, and explore feature engineering strategies.
You will receive weekly lectures and course work that you can complete on your own schedule, which will be reviewed by the instructor. For your capstone project, you will build a classification or regression model using a provided data set. You will finish the course with complete code examples that you can use and build on in your own work.
What You Will Learn
- What classification and regression models are, and how they are used in supervised machine learning
- How to design, train, and validate classification models using logistic regression and decision tree classifier techniques
- How to design, train, and validate regression models using linear regression and neural networks
- Feature engineering techniques to improve model performance, and why they are important
- How to properly set up a workflow for training, cross-validation, and testing
- Techniques to avoid overfit, including regularization and early stopping
- Data analysts
- Aspiring data scientists
- Data engineers
- Data management professionals
- BI practitioners who want to learn about the world of data science and machine learning
- Anyone new to machine learning, or new to using Python for machine learning
This course assumes basic experience using Python.
Owner and Data Scientist
Will Henry is owner of Henry Analytics, a data-science consulting company. Currently, he is primarily working with an early-stage business analytics start-up. He was formerly director of data science at Riskpulse Inc, a cutting-edge predictive analytics company in the logistics and supply chain sectors. Will is also a Python instructor with the University of California, Irvine, Division of Continuing Education.