Arcitecta Unveils Universal Data Platform for Global Data Accessibility, Usability, and Value
Mediaflux Universal Data System simplifies data life cycle management –- unifying data management, data orchestration, storage, and multi-protocol access in a single platform.
Note: TDWI's editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Arcitecta, a data management software company, today released its new Mediaflux Universal Data System, a convergence of data management, data orchestration, multi-protocol access, and storage in one platform. The system manages the entire data life cycle, both on premises and in the cloud, with globally distributed access. With Mediaflux Universal Data System, data- and research-intensive organizations can easily share data across locations while achieving massive scalability, high performance, and dramatic cost savings.
Clustered file systems have historically supported data storage across multiple servers for easier access and scaling, but they lack the sophisticated tools and capabilities required for comprehensive data management and orchestration. In addition, traditional clustered and distributed file systems tend to be costly, often requiring third-party software and complex integrations.
With the introduction of the Mediaflux Universal Data System, Arcitecta is driving a new industry standard as it builds on its vision of making data easy to access, manage, and use for value creation on a global scale.
Key benefits and capabilities of the Mediaflux Universal Data System include:
- Converges data management, orchestration, and storage within a single platform. An integrated approach that combines data management, data orchestration, and data storage within one system allows customers to easily access, manage, and use data assets more effectively to accelerate decision-making and innovation.
- Manages every aspect of the data life cycle, on premises and cloud, with globally distributed access. The Mediaflux Universal Data System extends data management throughout the entire data life cycle from the moment data is acquired to its cataloging, transformation, dissemination, preservation, and eventual storage -- whether on premises, in the cloud, or distributed across the globe. This approach gives users more control over data while streamlining the processes as data moves through its life cycle.
- Offers multi-protocol access and support. The system supports NFS, SMB, S3, SFTP and DICOM, among others, to ensure the effortless integration of new technologies as they evolve, creating a more flexible environment and greater interoperability that, in turn, delivers a more seamless user experience and amplifies data accessibility.
- Empowers immense scalability. Mediaflux licensing is decoupled from the volume of data stored so organizations can affordably scale storage needs to hundreds of petabytes, accommodating hundreds of billions of files without the financial strain typically associated with such vast capacities. This model ensures that organizations can start small and grow data infrastructure as needs evolve without the concern of escalating costs.
- Provides the option to forego third-party software and clustered file systems. The system offers clustered storage capabilities without the need for third-party software, whether a business is using block storage from one vendor or multiple vendors, and it can seamlessly integrate and manage all the data and storage within the environment.
- Enables significant cost savings. Customers can construct a storage ecosystem tailored to their specific requirements and achieve substantial cost savings by eliminating the need for third-party software, storage fabrics, and volume-based pricing. Mediaflux’s pricing is based on the number of concurrent users, aligning pricing with the size of an organization rather than the volume of data under management. In addition, its intelligent data placement feature further optimizes storage efficiency by automatically tiering data based on usage and access patterns.
- Supports multi-vendor storage environments, allowing customers to choose best-of-breed hardware. The storage underlying the system can be from any vendor or multiple vendors. It enables customers to use any mix of storage technologies to best fit their requirements, create storage environments on a single site or multiple sites, and quickly move data between them.
Higher Performance, Greater Collaboration
The Mediaflux Universal Data System allows organizations to easily deploy geo-distributed storage environments with one global file system and local storage with capabilities that include:
- Taking the computing power to the data. Mediaflux can take computational operations directly to the data without moving the data over a network. With a direct path approach, users can collaborate more effectively with a system that distributes computing algorithms to where the data resides. This approach is particularly important when the data is geographically distributed because transmitting data over large distances is expensive and inefficient.
- The power of metadata. Thanks to its metadata capabilities, Mediaflux improves data discovery and fosters collaboration and knowledge sharing. The platform's global distributed access ensures data can be retrieved from any location, facilitating international collaboration among data-intensive organizations such as research facilities, universities, entertainment studios, and government institutions.
- High-speed file transfer. Mediaflux’s integrated high-speed WAN file transfer features ensure ultra-fast and secure data transmission across vast distances, with throughput of up to 95% of the available bandwidth, including on networks of 100 GE or more. Its metadata and adaptive compression capabilities help increase speed further by eliminating redundant file and data transfers for optimized data movement.
Pricing and Availability
The Mediaflux Universal Data System is available immediately. Pricing is based on the number of concurrent users. This approach aligns pricing with the size of an organization rather than the volume of data under management. For more information, contact [email protected].