Komprise Introduces Storage Insights to Unify Data and Storage Management
Provides view of data and storage use across multiple vendors, cloud platforms.
Note: TDWI's editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Komprise, a provider of analytics-driven unstructured data management, released Storage Insights, a unified, consistent view of both data usage and storage consumption across vendors and clouds without having to contend with multiple consoles and multiple storage consumption definitions.
Storage costs are continuing to grow; 73% of organizations are spending more than 30% of their IT budget on data storage and backups, according to a recent Komprise survey. At the same time, preparing for AI and optimizing cloud costs are top data storage priorities.
Amid these pressures, IT is shifting from managing storage to delivering data services tailored to each department’s needs. With Storage Insights, Komprise customers can view new storage metrics -- such as free and used space across vendors or shares with the highest volume of modifications indicating possible anomalous activity. This allows IT to quickly spot trends, drill down, and execute plans and actions in one place to drive the best possible return on data storage investments.
Spot Trends with Global Visibility Across Data and Storage Metrics
With Storage Insights, administrators can drill down into file shares and object stores across locations and sites, including relevant metrics by department, division, or business unit, such as which shares have:
- The greatest amount of cold data
- The highest recent growth in new data
- The highest recent growth overall
- The least free space available
- Tiered the most data
The solution also helps you track and manage data assets:
- It includes over 25 columns that users can customize and filter to understand the current state of enterprise storage assets across sites.
- Users can see details of capacity and percentage of modified or new data, and can filter by shares, status, data transfer roles, and more.
- Easily sort your shares and view by largest, most cold data, highest recently modified data, least free space, and most and least data archived or tiered by Komprise.
- Dig into specific file servers such as NetApp, Dell EMC Isilon (PowerScale), Pure Storage, AWS, Azure, Windows, and more to analyze system health and ensure maximum ROI and cost savings.
From Insight to Action Without Disrupting the Hot Data Path
In addition to powerful analytics, Storage Insights leverages Komprise Transparent Move technology to execute plans and move data without obstructing data access and with minimal disruption to users or applications. Examples of actions include:
- Tier cold data transparently from the shares that have the highest amount of cold data to cheaper storage
- Identify cloud migration opportunities such as moving least-modified shares or copying project data to data lakes
- Spot potential security threats and ransomware attacks on data stores with anomalous activity such as high volume of modifications
- Set alert thresholds to instantly see unusual activity or other data requiring fast actions such as storage nearing capacity
Storage Insights is included in the Komprise Intelligent Data Management 5.0 platform release and available with Komprise Analysis and Komprise Elastic Data Migration. Komprise 5.0 also includes new prebuilt reports, including Potential Duplicates, Orphaned Data, Showback, Users and Migrations reports as well as many other platform updates. For more information visit www.komprise.com/whatsnew.