Komprise Automates Unstructured Data Discovery with Smart Data Workflows
Komprise Intelligent Data Management Platform automates finding, tagging, and delivering file and object data to cloud services and big data analytics platforms.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Komprise, a firm focused on analytics-driven unstructured data management and mobility, has released Komprise Smart Data Workflows, a systematic process to discover relevant file and object data across cloud, edge, and on-premises data centers and feed data in native format to AI and machine learning (ML) tools and data lakes.
Industry analysts predict that at least 80 percent of the world’s data will be unstructured by 2025. This data is critical for AI and ML-driven applications and insights, yet much of it is locked away in disparate data storage silos. This creates an unstructured data blind spot, resulting in billions of dollars in missed big data opportunities.
Komprise has expanded Deep Analytics Actions to include:
- Copy and confine operations based on Deep Analytics queries
- The ability to execute external functions such as running natural language processing functions via API and expanded global tagging
- Search to support these workflows
Komprise Smart Data Workflows allows you to define and execute a process with as many of these steps needed in any sequence, including external functions at the edge, data center, or cloud. Komprise Global File Index and Smart Data Workflows together reduce the time it takes to find, enrich, and move the right unstructured data by up to 80 percent.
Komprise Smart Data Workflows are relevant across many sectors. Here’s an example from the pharmaceutical industry:
- Search: Define and execute a custom query across on-premises, edge, and cloud data silos to find all data for Project X with Komprise Deep Analytics and the Komprise Global File Index
- Execute and enrich: Execute an external function on Project X data to look for a specific DNA sequence for a mutation and tag such data as "Mutation XYZ"
- Cull and mobilize: Move only Project X data tagged with "Mutation XYZ" to the cloud using Komprise Deep Analytics Actions for central processing
- Manage data life cycle: Move the data to a lower storage tier for cost savings once the analysis is complete
Other Smart Data Workflow use cases include:
- Legal divestiture: Find and tag all files related to a divestiture project and move sensitive data to an object-locked storage bucket and move the rest to a writable bucket.
- Autonomous vehicles: Find crash-test data related to abrupt stopping of a specific vehicle model and copy this data to the cloud for further analysis. Execute an external function to identify and tag data with Reason = Abrupt Stop and move only the relevant data to the cloud data lakehouse to reduce time and cost associated with moving and analyzing unrelated data.
To learn more about Komprise Smart Data Workflows visit http://komprise.com/smart-data-workflows.