Updated Panopticon Adds Real-Time Data Connectivity, Information Visualizations
Version 5.7 release improves usefulness in real-time operational environments such as capital markets and telecommunications.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Panopticon Software, a provider of visual data analysis software for real-time, CEP, and time series data, has released Version 5.7 of its suite of OLAP-enabled data visualization software products. The release comprises three major products: the Panopticon Developer SDK for Java and .NET; the Panopticon EX enterprise application; and the Panopticon Rapid Development Kit (RDK) that combines the fast deployment capabilities of the EX product with the code-level embedding capabilities of the Developer SDK.
Panopticon 5.7 offers enhanced data handling capabilities including:
- Improved StreamCube data model for high-throughput streaming scenarios
- New JMS Message bus connector for Apache ActiveMQ
- New Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) connector for Apache QPID
- New CEP connector for Sybase CEP R4
- New Unpivot data transformation operation
- New Join options for federating data
- Ability to display real-time streaming data and calculations in time series graphs along with all other visualizations
- New ranking calculations on supplied and calculated fields for display and screening
The new release also supports several new data visualization tools including:
- Spread Graph allows users to analyze the spread between two series across time. The Spread Graph can, for example, examine bond yields against benchmark rates and instrument price performance against appropriate indices.
- Shapes visualization for displaying SVG path-based displays including Choropleth maps (commonly used to display election results and similar types of economic/demographic data).
- Numeric Needle Graph allows users to analyze price and maturity distributions.
- Major enhancements to the Line Graph to support interpolation selection, plus new line and data point styles.
- Enhancements to the Stack and Needle graphs.
- Ability to overlay reference lines on time-series visualizations, with the lines being driven by constant, calculated, or supplied time-series data. For example, the system now allows you to display banding and moving averages in time series graphs of financial data.
The Panopticon system's reporting capabilities have also be improved to include parameterized reporting to PDF, e-mail, and print as well as template-based reporting.
Additional information is available at www.panopticon.com.