Sybase Announces BI Reference Architecture for Data-Intensive HP Platforms
Sybase IQ offers quick deployment, cost reduction and fast ROI for HP Servers
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Sybase, Inc. has announced a new HP-Sybase BI (business intelligence) reference architecture that leverages the HP Converged Infrastructure. The joint solution optimizes query response and data loads with reduced overhead, storage costs, and maintenance requirements.
Featuring Sybase IQ 15 running on HP ProLiant DL785 servers, the solution is suitable for organizations in need of an analytics server offering performance, scalability, and energy efficiency at a low total cost of ownership. With this new optimized BI reference architecture, customers can deploy analytic applications more quickly and achieve ROI sooner.
The HP-Sybase BI reference architecture is optimized for data-intensive workloads, with extensive joint engineering consultation, lab, customer benchmark, and customer deployment experience supporting thousands of data warehouse and analytics customers. IT planners and architects can now start from a “best-fit” reference configuration that reflects their companies’ raw data size and query workload characteristics. Each configuration can be optimized for its specific workload and requirements.
The HP-Sybase BI reference architecture offers the following key benefits:
- Flexibility: independent scalability of compute power and storage capacity
- Speed: fast query performance with parallel query processing capability and enhanced query algorithms
- Improved Information Availability: ability to load large data feeds directly from client while availability and disaster recovery ensure continuous availability of the analytics environment
- Better Manageability: a new generation of usability and manageability tools improve deployment, automation, and monitoring capabilities
- Economy: Range portioning and configurable table spaces lower the TCO in managing very large databases
To learn more, visit www.sybase.com/iq.