Gain a solid foundation of key concepts, principles, and terminology related to data quality with this great introduction to data quality skills.
TDWI’s Data Quality Fundamentals course provides a solid foundation for you to understand key concepts, principles and terminology related to data quality.
As organizations become more data-driven and depend more on analytics to drive their performance, the quality of the base data components needs to understood, analysed and improved. It needs to be recognized that all staff members increasingly rely on data to carry out their tasks and they increasingly generate new data to be consumed by others.
This means that all staff members are “data managers” and “data consumers” by de facto.
All staff members need the skills and understanding to define their data quality requirements, the quality conditions of their data and how to become savvy in the smart consumption and creation of data.
This course provides data quality, technology and business professionals with the necessary skills to be smart data asset managers, data providers and data consumers.
You Will Learn
- Definitions and dimensions of quality
- How to create an actionable definition of data quality
- Typical causes of data quality problems
- Roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities in data quality management
- Roles, uses, and limits of data quality tools and technology
- Processes and techniques for data quality assessment and data quality improvement
- Data quality and data governance professionals;
- BI/DW managers, architects, designers, and developers;
- Data stewards, data architects, and data administrators;
- Information systems analysts, designers, and developers;
- Anyone with a role in data quality or information systems testing
Continuing Professional Education Credits: 5
Apply these credits toward your CBIP recertification. Not certified? Learn more about CBIP and how to get certified https://tdwi.org/pages/education/cbip-certification/cbip-home.aspx here.
BI Consultant and Instructor, CBIP
Mark Peco, CBIP, is an experienced consultant, educator, manager, analyst, and team builder. He holds a graduate degree in engineering from the University of Waterloo and has led numerous consulting and software development projects helping clients to adapt to fundamental shifts in business models and requirements. His experience includes strategy development, business intelligence, data warehousing, compliance, analytics, mathematical modeling, and application development. Mark’s industry experience includes the energy, metals, and financial sectors.