Learn the basics of business intelligence from end to end with industry expert Jonathan Geiger.
The BI life cycle spans a continuum that begins with large amounts of disparate data and stretches to encompass people, technology, information, analysis, and decision making. The benefits of BI are substantial: new business capabilities for insight, forecasting, planning, agility, and strategy execution.
Realizing benefits is challenging. With many moving parts—infrastructure, technology, data, integration, analytics, applications, metrics, reports, dashboards, scorecards—putting the pieces together in the most effective way is difficult. Learn the basics of BI from end to end, with special attention on two of the most important factors for BI success: planning and collaboration. You are most able to chart a course for BI success when teams and stakeholders share common concepts, use consistent terminology, and contribute collectively to the BI vision.
You Will Learn
- Meaningful and actionable definitions of BI
- Effective ways to deliver BI: Web, mobile, desktop, etc.
- Common kinds of BI reporting: ad hoc, published, enterprise, operational
- Performance management principles: dashboards, scorecards, KPIs
- Business analyst principles: OLAP, analytic modeling, data visualization
- Advanced analytics concepts for data mining, predictive analytics, and text analytics
- Data management practices: profiling, cleansing, quality management
- Data integration practices: consolidation, virtualization, data warehousing
Anyone with a role in BI/DW programs who needs to understand the concepts and the full life cycle of BI; BI/DW managers and leaders seeking to increase the value and business impact of a BI program; business and technical people who need to work together to implement BI; teams that need to develop a common base of concepts and terminology for BI.
Continuing Professional Education Credits: 5
Apply these credits toward your CBIP recertification. Not certified? Learn more about CBIP and how to get certified https://tdwi.org/pages/education/cbip-certification/cbip-home.aspx here.
Geiger Intl, Inc.
Jonathan Geiger, CBIP, is an experienced consultant with management and hands-on experience in business intelligence, data governance, quality management, CRM, and related areas in many industries, having gained his initial experience as a program manager at an electric utility company and subsequently as a consultant. He presents frequently at national and international conferences, has written over sixty articles, and coauthored three books.