Data Governance Skills for the 21st Century
Duration: Three Day Workshop
TDWI Certificate Track
Traditional data governance practices were capable of managing data as an asset until recently. However, technology trends such as big data, cloud, self-service, and agile now challenge traditional data governance practices. At the same time, increasing regulation of data and concerns about data privacy and security raise the stakes for governance. With new pressures, new technologies, and more data, it is time to learn and implement new governance techniques.
Data quality management is an integral part of data governance and one of the most vexing of governance issues. Most organizations have persistent and long-standing data quality problems that they correct reactively. A proactive data quality management program shifts the focus from correction to prevention and makes remarkable changes in the quality and value of your data.
The Data Governance Skills for the 21st Century workshop will cover essential techniques and best practices for data governance over three days of in-depth, interactive training.
Your Team Will Learn
- The practices, roles, skills, and disciplines essential to data governance
- The qualities that make good data stewards and stewardship organizations
- The data governance challenges and opportunities that arise from cloud services
- Risks, challenges, and opportunities of big data governance
- How to overcome apparent conflicts between data governance and agile projects
- How to overcome apparent conflicts of data governance with self-service BI and analytics
- How to create and analyze data profiles
- Processes and techniques for data quality assessment and data quality improvement
- Subjective and objective methods to assess and measure data quality
- Data quality and data governance professionals
- Business and IT executives facing the realities of agile, big data, and cloud
- Managers, architects, designers, and developers of BI, MDM, and analytics systems
- Data stewards, data architects, and data administrators
- Everyone with a role in data governance or data quality management
- Anyone needing to modernize data governance for agile BI, big data, or cloud