Why Should You Become Certified?
Setting yourself apart from the crowd in your career can be a difficult task. Through TDWI's Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) program, we help you define, establish, and distinguish yourself professionally with a meaningful, test-based BI certification credential.
Certification is an important part of career development, especially for those in advanced information systems fields. In the rapidly growing and changing field of business intelligence (BI), certification is especially important. When competing for the best opportunities, most interesting positions, and most competitive salaries, you need to stand out from the crowd.
CBIP is a strong differentiator. This certification, backed by TDWI's reputation as the leader in BI education and research, makes a strong statement that you are among the leaders in the industry—up to date with BI technologies, knowledgeable about best practices and state-of-the-art solutions, and informed of emerging trends.
Ten Reasons to Be a Certified Business Intelligence Professional
- Business Intelligence Career Advancement. Surveys consistently suggest increased salary and career advancement opportunities for certified individuals.
- Professional Opportunities. Hiring managers and recruiters take certification seriously. A respected and widely accepted certification proves to prospective employers that your business intelligence expertise is confirmed by a recognized organization in the industry.
- Proven Professional Achievement. Documented evidence of your professional achievement leads to recognition and respect for your abilities as a business intelligence professional.
- Greater Adaptability. Validating technical knowledge without ties to a specific vendor or product means CBIP professionals are more flexible and maintain a substantial advantage in rapidly changing business and technology environments.
- Increased Credibility. CBIP credentials increase your standing in the business intelligence community by attesting to the integrity of your knowledge and skills and the reliability with which you can apply them.
- Employer Confidence. CBIP certification helps employers match skills to job requirements and provides confidence that employees have the right skills for the job.
- Industry Recognition. The high-integrity examination and certification process ensure that CBIP is the standard for business intelligence and data warehousing certification.
- Recognized Specialties. In a broad field that demands many skills, CBIP recognizes specialization in several distinct skill areas ranging from Leadership and Management to Administration and Technology.
- Validated Real-World Experience. Certification goes beyond conceptual and theoretical knowledge. CBIP demands real-world experience and the demonstrated ability to apply your skills pragmatically.
- Continued Professional Growth. Recertification requirements, combined with a variety of learning resources, ensure that your knowledge keeps pace with a rapidly changing field.
“Professionals with two or more BI or DW certifications make $7,000 more on average.” - 2011 TDWI Salary, Roles, and Responsibilities Report