Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Partner/Cloud Analytics Practice Executive
In the rapidly evolving data management landscape, keeping abreast of the latest architectural paradigms is essential for any IT data professional. This course offers a deep dive into the foundation and architecture of modern data platforms, highlighting key concepts such as data mesh, data warehouse, data lakehouse, and data virtualization.
Students will learn optimal patterns for constructing state-of-the-art data platforms. Through interactive discussions and exercises, participants will gain practical insights into developing, establishing, and monitoring the progress of their data architecture projects.
Facilitated by an industry stalwart, this course will provide participants with theoretical knowledge, real-world applications, and nuances of the latest best practices. By the conclusion, participants will be equipped to architect advanced data platforms tailored to organizational needs.
You Will Learn
- The inputs to modern data architecture and their roles in building a modern data platform
- How to distinguish the key features and benefits of modern architectures such as data warehouse, data lakehouse, data mesh, and data virtualization
- How to evaluate and choose the optimal architecture patterns for the organization's needs
- How to build a modern data architecture by identifying and prioritizing use cases and designing a supporting data model
- Best practices for building a modern data platform that is scalable, performant, and integrates with other systems in the organization
- The importance of data governance in architecture builds, and how to implement it effectively
- How to evaluate progress in the architecture build using key metrics and continuous improvement processes
- Techniques to communicate effectively about modern data architecture and advocate for its importance within the organization
- Directors of data and analytics
- Data architects
- Analytics architects
- Data engineers
- Analytics engineers