Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Prerequisite: Data Strategy and Program Leadership
Are you struggling to become a data-driven organization? According to recent surveys, 80% of respondents report that their biggest challenges are human—culture, people, process, or organization—not technology. Don't let these challenges hold you back from realizing the full potential of your data!
This course bridges the gap between common business growth challenges and data management capabilities. Julia Bardmesser will teach you how to connect business goals to data and data capabilities, using real-world business case studies. This course also provides a non-technical, business language introduction to data management capabilities, such as master data management, metadata management, data quality, and data integration.
You Will Learn
- How to connect key business challenges and goals to common data management concepts
- Difference between data and data capabilities
- Definition and evolution of key data capabilities, such as master data management, data integration, metadata management, and data quality management
- Role of business stakeholders in establishing data management capabilities
- Tools and approaches to building and executing business data strategy
- Approaches to prioritize data-centric changes in end-to-end technology portfolio
- Business leaders
- Product managers
- Business analysts
- Data stewards
- Data professionals struggling to communicate the importance of data programs to business stakeholders