Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Prerequisite: See below
In today's data-driven world, the ability to extract meaningful insights from raw data is an essential skill for professionals across various industries. Deanne Larson will lead this hands-on workshop where you will master the art of data analysis using Tableau, one of the industry's leading data visualization tools. You will work on real-life case studies and data sets to apply your newfound skills in practical scenarios. By the end of this hands-on workshop, you'll be equipped with the knowledge and practical experience needed to transform raw data into meaningful insights, create interactive and visually appealing dashboards, and communicate your findings effectively to peers and decision-makers.
You Will Learn
- The importance of data quality and best practices for cleaning, transforming, and connecting data sources for analysis
- Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) techniques for diving into your data to uncover hidden patterns, trends, and outliers using Tableau's interactive visualizations
- Design techniques for compelling and informative dashboards that tell a story, combining multiple visual elements into a cohesive narrative
- Advanced analytical techniques, such as forecasting and clustering, to gain deeper insights from your data
- How to publish, share, and collaborate on Tableau workbooks to effectively communicate your findings with stakeholders
- Expert tips, tricks, and best practices for efficient data analysis and visualization with Tableau
- Data scientists and analytic modelers
- Business analysts who develop insights for themselves and others
- Data engineers who deliver data resources to analysts and consumers
- Dashboard developers
- Anyone who works with data to make better decisions
- Basic familiarity with Tableau
Students must bring their laptop computer with Tableau installed. A Tableau license or temporary demo license is required. Licenses will not be provided.
Laptop setup is required BEFORE the conference.
There is no time allotted in class for laptop preparation.
* Enrollment is limited to 40 attendees.