Implementing Best Practices for Data Security on the Modern Cloud
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET
Enterprise data is growing ever more diverse, dynamic, and distributed across cloud-native computing platforms. However, as organizations invest in modern cloud data platforms, they face a major challenge balancing the need to secure their data with also providing fast, scalable access to internal and external users.
Data security and access policies should be scalable to execute and enforce across complex modern cloud ecosystems, easy to author and administer within enterprise governance practices, and straightforward to audit and verify for compliance purposes. Effective data security helps organizations unlock value from their data by providing improved discovery of sensitive data, more flexible authoring and administration of security and data policies, and more proactive monitoring of security-relevant events and issues.
Join TDWI’s senior research director James Kobielus, along with invited guests from Databricks and Immuta, on this webinar to explore best practices for securing data access in the modern cloud. After opening presentations, Kobielus will engage the panelists in a discussion focused on the following questions:
- What are the principal security vulnerabilities for enterprise data when it’s being stored, processed, and managed in cloud-based environments such as data lakehouses?
- Why should enterprises centralize management and monitoring of data security processes?
- Under what security scenarios are attribute-based data access controls preferable to role-based controls?
- What is the best approach for enterprises to secure access to distributed data across hybrid cloud and multicloud environments?
- What advantages are there for enterprises to integrate data security natively in cloud data platforms such as Hadoop and Spark?
- How can well-managed data security and access controls simplify the process of proving enterprise compliance with privacy regulations and other mandates?
- To what extent can and should the authoring, administration, and monitoring of data access controls be automated in the modern cloud?
Delivery Solutions Architect at Databricks working with Fin-tech organizations. Pavithra has 7 yrs experience in working with startups to Fortune 100 organizations in helping them architect robust Data and AI platforms and use-cases.
Chief Technology Officer
Chris Brown is currently the chief technology officer for the public sector at Immuta. He is an experienced strategic IT leader, helping organizations deliver on their digital transformations. As a thought leader, Chris has served as a trusted advisor to large federal agencies to develop and implement agency cloud migration strategy, lead the development and delivery of a data governance strategy, and architect large analytics programs for national security agencies. Chris’ diverse experience with technology, from mainframes to data science, and work as a developer, sales leader, and consultant allows him to easily bridge the divide between business leaders and technical staff, which leads to successful projects.