Cloud Data Lakes: Enabling New Business Analytics at High Scale and Low Cost
Webinar Speaker: Philip Russom, Senior Research Director for Data Management
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
A data lake assembles diverse data in a way that enables business innovations in analytics, reporting, operations, and compliance. For example, when a firm begins operations on the Internet of Things (IoT), a data lake can capture the new wave of big data that IoT generates, helping the firm operate efficiently, respond quickly, and improve via analytics in the new world of IoT. Data lakes help businesses in other modern data-intense business environments, such as analytics programs, multichannel marketing, and the digital supply chain.
A cloud data lake is basically a data lake that is wholly or partially deployed on one or more clouds. The general benefits of clouds apply to data lakes, namely relatively low cost, short time to use, and extreme elasticity for scalability and workload spikes. Furthermore, data lakes are great for collocating disparate data, which delivers business value without the time, money, and business interruption it takes to perform traditional data migration and consolidation. Finally, both clouds and data lakes can provide fast but long-term fixes to architectural problems in complex data ecosystems, especially multiplatform data warehouses.
This webinar will discuss:
- Business benefits of data lakes
- Technology and financial benefits of deploying a data lake on a cloud platform
- How business use cases and technology requirements affect your choice of platform(s) for data lakes
- Why substantial data integration is necessary to satisfy many cloud data lake requirements
- Trends that will lead to more cloud-based, logical, and hybrid data lakes in the near future
Date: March 20, 2019
Time: 9:00AM PT
Philip Russom, Ph.D.