Evolving Data Warehouse Architectures in the Age of Big Data Analytics
TDWI Speaker: Philip Russom, TDWI Research Director
Date: Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Time: 9:00am PT, 12:00pm ET
The complexity of data warehouse environments has increased dramatically in recent years with the arrival of data warehouse appliances, columnar database management systems, NoSQL databases, Hadoop, and tools for multiple forms of advanced analytics or real-time operation. The new vendor and open source platforms come in response to users’ growing demands for platforms optimized for various forms of big data, analytics, real-time operation, and the workloads that go with them.
Users need additional platforms to get new value from new data. The catch is to build a multi-platform data environment without being overwhelmed by its complexity, which a good design can avoid. Hence, it’s important to have a data warehouse architecture that’s conducive to the new age of big data.
This Webinar will accelerate your understanding of the many new data platforms and tools that are now available for multi-platform data warehouse environments, plus how these can fit together in an integrated architecture. The content of the Webinar is based on the research findings of a new Best Practices Report by TDWI’s Philip Russom called Evolving Data Warehouse Architectures in the Age of Big Data Analytics. That report was sponsored by vendor firms Actian, Cloudera, Datawatch, Dell Software, HP, and MapR Technologies.
You will learn:
- Trends and drivers for data warehouse architectures today
- Why data warehouse architecture is important in the age of big data analytics
- Some of the most common architectures in use today, plus new ones that are emerging
- The components of data warehouse architectures that are poised for aggressive adoption by users
- Top 10 priorities for successful data warehouse architectures