5 Ways SMBs Are Putting Information to Work
In many ways small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) have greater opportunity when using BI. Yes, budgets and resources may be more limited, but most SMBs are not as constricted by robust IT infrastructures that control BI access and use like their enterprise counterparts. Consequently, many SMBs are empowered through their BI applications by being able to take advantage of interactive technologies without the limitations associated with large-scale enterprise wide IT infrastructures. Part of this includes the way in which BI is being deployed to reach a wider audience and to make its use more consumable to more people both internally and externally to the organization.
Aside from more flexibility in design and software selection, SMBs are applying BI in the following 5 ways to help them take advantage of information assets and add BI to their daily use:
1. Embedding BI within their operations to create a single and seamless interface within their applications by providing easy access to reports and dashboards.
2. Expanding access to BI through Web portals to increase the types of information shared as well as who this information is shared with – for instance, expanding networks to suppliers, partners, and customers.
3. Mobilizing the workforce through diverse access points, such as tablets and smartphones, to create applications that leverage and interact with BI-related data on a broader scale in the way that is most valuable to end users.
4. Increasing flexibility in dashboards and analytics design enabling IT to develop applications that are easier to consume and more flexible for end-users.
5. Using BI platforms to expand operational frameworks through broader extensibility by integrating them into other applications through a Web-based interface. This includes expanding BI use to integrate sales or finance systems creating single access points to both operational and analytical applications within a unified interface.
Attendees will learn:
- Why these 5 areas of BI use are important to SMBs
- How these BI applications are shifting the market and user expectations
- The value of looking at extending BI use to include one or more of these 5 areas
- Practical steps required to expand current traditional BI use to include the level of flexibility and interactivity associated with these 5 BI uses