Understanding the Continued Reliance on Data Replication
A widening community of business analysts and managers have expressed a growing desire to take advantage of analytics, especially as opportunities for integrating “big data” sets from a variety of sources. At the same time, many businesses have a decreasing tolerance for slow responses to emerging opportunities uncovered as a result of real-time operations. These expectations have pumped up the demand for immediate availability of common data sets that are synchronized across the many enterprise functions and applications. At the same time, most organizations continue to rely on high availability of data as a hedge for disaster recovery.
Couple these scenarios with ongoing requirements for data set synchronization across facilities and geographies, and we see a continued need for mature technologies for data replication. In this talk we look at a number of use cases showing a reliance on data replication techniques and tools.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Real-time and historical analytics employing a variety of data sources
- Synchronization and consolidation of data to ensure that geographically dispersed systems remain consistent
- Synchronization of master data directories or indexes
- High availability and disaster recovery
- Zero downtime server migration and how the most successful companies are using data replication techniques and tools to leapfrog the competition