Big Data Analytics
Big data analytics is where advanced analytic techniques operate on big data sets. Hence, big data analytics is really about two things – big data and analytics – plus how the two have teamed up to create one of the most profound trends in business intelligence (BI) today.
There’s a lot to big data analytics, and there’s much to know before you embark on a program for it. First, you have to know the available tool types and development methods for advanced analytics. Second, there are many approaches to preparing data for analytics. And, third, you need to know which database platforms can handle big data. Furthermore, big data analytics is challenging, so you shouldn’t adopt it for just any reason. So you need to know its most successful use cases, plus how these address particular business requirements.
This Webinar (based on a recent TDWI Best Practices report) provides an overview of products, organizational structures, and best practices for big data analytics, so that user organizations can enter this field successfully.
What You Will Learn:
- The benefits of and barriers to big data analytics
- A catalog of the available tool types, techniques, and team structures for advanced analytics, big data management, and the preparation of analytic data
- An understanding of which these are appropriate starting points, versus which are better for later project phases
- Adjustments that deep analytics with big data requires of practices in data modeling, integration, quality, query optimization, database design, etc
- A glimpse into the future, to see where big data analytics is going
Philip Russom, Ph.D.
Content Provided by
TDWI, IBM, Cloudera, EMC Greenplum, Impetus Technologies, Kognitio, ParAccel, SAND Technology, SAP, SAS, Tableau Software, Teradata Aster