Managing the Risks of Offshore Data Warehousing
With the current state of world economies and business, many organizations are leaning towards the model of "offshoring" data warehouse development and support. Though it promises cost savings, the offshore model brings unique risks when applied to the complexities of business intelligence. In order to achieve the economic and other benefits associated with offshore development in a data warehousing environment, organizations need to understand these risks or barriers and prepare appropriate mitigation strategies.
Attending this webinar, you will learn the pain points experienced by organizations that have engaged offshore resources, as well as practical tips and thoughts for success. Additionally you will receive invaluable insight from HP services, based on their experience helping global companies plan and execute successful offshore data warehousing strategies.
What You Will Learn:
- How to mitigate risks to avoid project delays and quality issues
- Project management approaches for offshore data warehouse development
- Importance of using a business intelligence-specific methodologyli>
- The role of communication in executing an offshore project
- What to expect in terms of resource skills, education, and experience