Business Intelligence 101
Business Intelligence (BI) is the use of mathematical facts to improve business decisions. These facts typically focus on company performance across time and throughout the organization. BI is the use of a data warehouse, not the creation of one. BI is the use of technology to make better decisions that improve company performance. A comprehensive BI program involves people, process, technology and data. Ultimately, the combination of these leads to the creation of a Culture of Analytics within an organization.
What you will learn:
- What is BI?
- BI as a Strategic Opportunity
- What is Business Intelligence? How is it different from a data warehouse?
- Strategic overview of BI market opportunity and value proposition
- Overview vendors with growing focus on end-to-end offerings
- Needs statement for business solutions, not technical solutions
- Creating a BI Center of Excellence
- Data Warehousing from a process point of view
- Star Schema Designs and what they do
- How to evaluate and select tools and tool vendors