IBM big data and analytics platform
Now known as IBM Watson Foundations
IBM is unique in having developed an enterprise class big data and analytics platform that allows you to address the full spectrum of big data business challenges.
Why a platform versus individual products to address big data pain points? The real benefit of the platform is leverage – the ability to start with one capability and easily add others over your big data journey. IBM is the only vendor with this broad and balanced view of big data with the needs of a platform – the benefit is pre-integration of its components to reduce your implementation time and cost.
Watson Foundations big data capabilities include:
- Data Management & Warehouse: Gain industry-leading database performance across multiple workloads while lowering administration, storage, development and server costs; Realize extreme speed with capabilities optimized for analytics workloads such as deep analytics, and benefit from workload-optimized systems that can be up and running in hours.
- Hadoop: Bring the power of Apache Hadoop to the enterprise with application accelerators, analytics, visualization, development tools, performance and security features.
- Stream Computing: Continuously integrate and analyze data in motion to deliver real-time analytics and enhanced, more accurate analytic and cognitive systems. Dynamically act and adjust in the business moment. Leverage a development environment, a high speed runtime architecture and a set of real-time analytic toolkits including text, machine learning, image and much more. Detect insights (risks and opportunities) in high velocity data which can only be detected and acted on at a moment’s notice.
- Content Management: Enable comprehensive content lifecycle and document management with cost-effective control of existing and new types of content with scale, security and stability.
- Information Integration & Governance: Build confidence in big data with the ability to integrate, understand, manage and govern data appropriately across its lifecycle.