This session will include a moderated Q&A featuring questions from the live audience.
The advantages of cloud computing are compelling for most enterprises. Virtually every start-up company is born in the cloud. Established enterprises with large on-premises workloads continue to migrate many workloads to public cloud providers. In this session, expert solution architect Norbert Kremer will examine key trends and challenge some commonly accepted truths that may not make sense for every situation. Kremer will provide guidance on how to build a strategic plan for moving to one or more clouds and also discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each cloud and their data platforms. This plan will have migration goals, ranked by priority, and may specify that some workloads remain on-premises.
You Will Learn
- How to make your own decisions on choosing the right cloud(s) and the right data platform—don’t just follow the herd
- Understand how increased use of ML and AI will drive further adoption of cloud services
- Gain insight into the tools that each cloud provider offers for generative AI projects and how to connect to your corporate data
- The connection between data quality and ability to succeed with generative AI projects
- Develop a cloud cost optimization strategy tailored to your situation—is FinOps right for you?
- The cultural shifts and improved agility that come along with cloud adoption, and the importance of training to prepare staff for new technology and development techniques