This session will include a moderated Q&A featuring questions from the live audience.
No country in the world is unaffected by the scourge of human trafficking. It is Rahab’s Daughters’ mission to combat human trafficking through the power of data and technology. In this talk, founder Sam Wijeakumar will showcase the data and technology solutions used by Rahab’s Daughters to disrupt human trafficking networks worldwide. With her colleague Jinisha Bhatt, she will highlight case studies on anti-trafficking extraction missions run by Rahab's Daughters using open source data and intelligence techniques. Wijeyakumar and Bhatt will discuss how nonprofits are using analytics both internally, to measure their own impact, and externally, to pinpoint where human trafficking is happening.
You Will Learn
- Data scraping techniques used to disrupt trafficking at significant sporting events
- OSINT (open source intelligence) strategies to locate trafficking networks worldwide
- How to understand cultural nuance when using OSINT
- The significance of HUMINT, GEOINT, and SOCINT in extraction missions
- The next frontier: dark web crawlers to intercept CSAM (child sexual abuse material)
- How to build collaborative partnerships and ethical data sharing
- Data-based decision-making models for executives
- How leaders can use data analytics internally to improve efficiency