Why is implementing a successful data governance program challenging? There are many pitfalls regarding how the program is established, what type of organizational structure is created, what types of data governance processes are developed, and how to effectively manage the human and organizational behavior issues that are inevitable.
Len Silverston will provide principles and techniques that address these three critical components of your data governance program. Silverston will also provide hard-learned lessons and tips drawn from his vast experience with real-life data governance programs.
In this session, you will learn:
- Key pitfalls to avoid in establishing data governance roles and processes
- Mistakes to avoid in dealing with the human elements of data governance
- Effective techniques for establishing an appropriate data governance organizational structure and associated roles
- Crucial guidance on what types of processes to establish and how to facilitate efficient implementation of these processes
- 5 essential elements regarding working with the human element
- What works and what doesn’t work, based on real-world experience in numerous data governance program efforts