Senior Management Consultant
The cloud is a key enabler of innovation and its value must be assessed in every enterprise. In this session, Paul Flach will illustrate an effective process for assessing existing data management and enterprise applications to determine a cost-effective plan for migrating to the cloud. This process scales and accelerates the data management modernization process while, at the same time, rationalizing the infrastructure required to support the business application and analytical needs.
Cloud migrations have been typified as projects that take too long and cost too much. In order to create a positive ROI for a transition to the cloud, it's important to collect comprehensive assessment data. Paul will describe the data that you need to estimate the effort necessary for cloud-native and pure migration methods, choose the right approach for each business application, and prepare you to execute an effective transition.
You Will Learn
- How to establish a business-first, application-centric approach as a standardized assessment process
- How the unique characteristics of your organization’s application portfolio drive the proper formation of a cloud execution factory
- The three pillars to creating an effective cloud strategy: organization, technical complexity, business value
- A 12-step process based on experience gained through over 75 application transition projects
- How this approach saves months of discovery work allowing for faster decisions and thus ensuring more time for migration execution and on-time, on-budget delivery
- Case studies of public and private enterprises where these methods have been successfully implemented as an enabler of innovation