Vice President Of Products, Chief Evangelist and Co-founder
Thoughtful Analytics Design Starts with Understanding How Data is Being Used Today
Analytics can have a transformative effect on business, but it requires highly-intentional design around the user experience. That’s because the ultimate goal of analytics is much deeper than just showing people how they are performing – it’s about driving behavior change.
Dashboards that function as scorecards don’t work. What’s needed is an experience that lights a fire within users – not under them. The best approach is thoughtfully designed analytics experiences that encourage and coach users in accomplishing their goals and objectives.
In this platform, Matthew explains the many reasons why success in analytics starts with a plan for behavior change, and how to do it. In particular, he answers the key questions every company needs to ask when evaluating their approach to business intelligence, including:
- How many queries/reports have we generated in the past year?
- How many are run on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis?
- Which teams (or individuals) are generating the most reports?
- What are the overhead costs of running these reports?
- What is the net impact on top and bottom-line growth?
In addition, he outlines the critical role UX plays in the process and shares practical advice on analytics design based on 20+ years of experience in the field.