Analytics Consultant and Instructor
Gathering requirements for BI and analytics systems is more difficult than for operational systems. Without the specifics of business transactions, scheduled reports, and prescribed business rules, it is difficult to know where to start and how to proceed. The skill set for the BI requirements analyst includes techniques to identify requirements, tools to manage requirements, and checklists to ensure completeness.
Requirements processes vary widely for BI and analytics projects. Waterfall, iterative, agile, and DevOps projects each approach requirements differently. More established BI objectives such as dashboards, scorecards, and OLAP have tangible business requirements, while those for advanced analytics applications can be vague and elusive. A skilled requirements analyst must embrace a range of requirements processes from elicitation to discovery.
Register for our BI and analytics systems course.
You Will Learn
- How to connect requirements to business impact and value
- The distinction between business, functional, and technical requirements
- Where and how requirements fit into various projects and development lifecycles
- Ten techniques for requirements gathering and when to use each
- How to apply the techniques for BI and analytics requirements
- Why requirements management is essential and how it is performed
- How to ensure completeness using a checklist of 57 kinds of requirements
- Business and systems analysts
- BI and analytics program managers and project managers
- Agile and DevOps process managers
- Solution developers