Prerequisite: R programming knowledge, statistics, and exposure to the machine learning process/algorithms.
R is the one of the most popular machine learning tools in use today. This course focuses on taking concepts in machine learning and applying them in practical ways. Common algorithms such as regression, clustering, and classification are explained, applied, and evaluated using R. Participants will complete exercises to solidify understanding and build skills with the intent of finishing the course with a toolkit that can be leveraged in building R machine learning skills.
- How to do Exploratory Data Analysis
- How to use linear models such as linear regression and logistic regression
- How to choose features and complete feature reduction
- How to use clustering models such as K-means
- How to do time series forecasting
- How to use classification models such as Decision Trees and K Nearest Neighbor
- How to use Ensemble methods
- How do to model validation
- Those that have foundation knowledge of R and Machine Learning