Prerequisite: Basic R programming.
Data manipulation and cleaning in machine learning is estimated to take more than 50% of the time allotted for a machine learning project. R is a powerful tool that enables robust manipulation and cleansing. This course will cover topics important in handling structured, unstructured and scraping data in R including using key packages Participants will complete exercises to solidify understanding and build skills with the intent of finishing the course with a toolkit that can be leveraged in building R manipulation and cleansing skills.
You Will Learn
- Programming Review
- Cleansing for Machine Learning
- Merging, Joining, Reshaping Data frames
- Dealing with Strings
- Visualizing Results
- Web Scrapping
- Data Acquisition via APIs
- Data engineers, data scientists, business and data analysts, project managers
- Roles that need insight into best practices and techniques related to data understanding and preparation