Prerequisite: Students must set up their laptops in advance
Data manipulation and cleansing in machine learning is estimated to take more than 50% of the time allotted for a machine learning project. R is a powerful tool that enables robust manipulation and cleansing. This course will cover important topics for handling structured and unstructured data, and scraping data in R, including using key packages. Participants will complete exercises to solidify understanding and build skills with the intent of finishing the course with a toolkit that can be used to build R manipulation and cleansing skills.
You Will Learn
- Programming review
- Cleansing for machine learning
- Merging, joining, and reshaping data frames
- Dealing with strings
- Visualizing results
- Web scraping
- Data acquisition via APIs
- Data engineers, data scientists, business and data analysts, project managers
- Roles that need insight into best practices and techniques related to data understanding and preparation
Students must bring their own laptop to the class.
Laptop setup is required BEFORE the conference. Instructions will be emailed to registrants prior to the event.
There is no time allotted in class for laptop preparation.