Prerequisite: Basic Python programming
This course has reached max occupancy. To join the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the event there is a cancellation.
Data manipulation and cleaning in machine learning is estimated to take more than 50% of the time allotted for a machine learning project. Python is a powerful tool that enables robust manipulation, and cleansing is also leveraged highly in Python. This course will cover topics important in handling structured and unstructured data, as well as scraping data in Python, including using key packages such as Pandas, NumPy, and Matplotlib. Participants will complete exercises to solidify understanding and build skills with the intent of finishing the course with a toolkit that can be leveraged in building Python manipulation and cleaning skills.
Attend all three days of the bootcamp to earn a TDWI certificate.
You Will Learn
- Programming review
- Data acquisition via APIs
- Overview of scraping and wrangling
- Cleansing for machine learning
- Leveraging Pandas
- Leveraging NumPy and Matplotlib
- Dealing with strings
- Visualizing results
- Data engineers, data scientists, business and data analysts, project managers
- Roles that need insight into best practices and techniques related to data understanding and preparation