Agile Analytics Coach and Trainer
Winterboer Agile Analytics
Proper agile project planning and management is the foundation of agile analytics. Unlike conventional project management methods, agile requires a highly adaptive and evolutionary approach that delivers chunks of value to the business every few weeks for feedback and acceptance. As Dwight D. Eisenhower once said, “I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” Agility calls for planning for what you know today and being prepared to adjust in the face of change and uncertainty.
Agile analytics planning is a highly collaborative process that includes long-range BI/DW road mapping to establish future vision; short horizon planning of near-term delivery projects; and detailed iteration planning so the team will know how to get started.
This course will walk you through typical collaborative BI program road-mapping, project chartering and planning sessions to introduce you to a set of effective practices for facilitating collaboration between technical team members, end users, and management stakeholders.
You Will Learn
- Chartering and planning an agile BI/DW project using the agile project management framework
- The agile project community, including roles and responsibilities
- Coordinating an effective and collaborative program road-mapping session
- Using innovation games for ideation, convergence, and prioritization
- Estimating and prioritizing agile BI/DW projects onto a program backlog
- Limiting the number of projects in process for faster and better delivery of each project in the backlog
- Writing effective user stories for agile BI/DW projects
- Managing and monitoring agile BI/DW projects
- Data warehouse and BI project managers
- Directors and leaders
- Business users
- Architects, designers, developers, and administrators
- Business intelligence practitioners
- Business analysts and product owners